Vital Sign Indicators (VSI) Planner (Exempt)
The Columbia River Gorge Commission is seeking a highly organized, energetic and dynamic National Scenic Area Vital Sign Indicators (VSI) Planner. This position will assist the Executive Director, Commissioners and staff of the Columbia River Gorge Commission with the Gorge 2020 Management Plan review process and will be responsible for coordination, monitoring and evaluation of indicators to measure the effectiveness of land use and resource protection policies. This position will also assist counties with monitoring compliance of standards in the National Scenic Area and working with all levels of government, business, communities, landowners and diverse stakeholders in the process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Click on Download Job Posting below to see full job description.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's Degree and two years progressively responsible experience in monitoring, evaluation and/or resource planning
• Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and effectively; experience with graphic design desired.
• Ability to manage work assignments independently, efficiently and effectively.
• Proficiency in planning principles, public engagement techniques, and current trends in resource management and conservation.
• Ability to synthesize, analyze, evaluate and concisely report information.
• Ability to interpret and apply planning policies and legal standards to given situations.
• Experience in providing planning assistance to applicants and advising landowners about options for allowable development; ability to work with landowners, non-governmental organizations and agency officials in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to type and perform complex activities quickly and accurately; interpret and apply policies and procedures; speak and write clearly and effectively; manage work assignments efficiently and effectively; and handle stressful situations.
• Proficiency in the operation of common office software such as: Word, Excel, and Access.
The salary range is $60,000 to $65,000, and includes full benefits and Washington retirement plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience. All applications must be submitted through the State of Washington's website by clicking on the "Apply Now" link below. AA/EOE
Deadline: 11/13/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Download Job Posting